Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Full of Wonder

I wonder why Lou Dobbs still has a job.

I wonder if the advertisers at the Weather Channel realize how hysterically bad their "Storm Tracker Jim Cantore" commercials are.

I wonder if 7 billion people in the world is the tipping point.

I wonder if ripping up a poster of Rosa Parks is any indication of just how serious the racism problem remains in this country.

I wonder why economists believe the recession is over, but no one else does.

I wonder if my grandmother will die because the government will pull the plug. Wait...no, I don't. I'm not (that much of) an idiot.

I wonder if there is any curry better than that available at Pad Thai.

I wonder why so many people care about the status of Paula Abdul.

I wonder if people on death row who also use Facebook publicly update their status messages counting down the days until they die.

I wonder why Glenn Beck still has a job.

I wonder if I will ever have my hair cut again.

I wonder if the phrase "abnormally cool" in central Oklahoma during the summer is a misnomer.

I wonder at the infinite beauty of the Rocky Mountains.

I wonder if I will ever stop this blog entry.

---

For those who have read my "find out things you couldn't care less about me" blog posts, you can stop reading. Otherwise, because I was tagged on a "Getting to know you..." note, read on:

1. What time do you naturally wake up in the morning? Morning?

2. How do you like your steak? Bloody as hell

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

4. What is your favorite TV show? Breaking Bad

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? New Zealand

6. What did you have for breakfast? See #1.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Anything Asian.

8. What foods do you dislike? Anything American. Well, not true, but anything American fast food.

9. Favorite Place to Eat? Pad Thai

10. Favorite dressing? Caesar

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Toyota (Corolla)

12. What are your favorite clothes? khakis

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Southeast Asia

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Both?

15. Where would you want to retire? Alaska

16. Favorite time of day? Anytime without sunlight.

17. Where were you born? Omaha, NE

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Hockey

19. Who do you think will not tag you back? N/A

20. Person you expect to tag you back first? N/A

21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? N/A

22. Bird watcher? How is this a question? I like bird watching.

23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night

24. Do you have any pets? Any pet would be grateful not to have me as a pet owner.

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Trust me, "new and exciting" don't really fly with me.

26. What did you want to be when you were little? Not little.

27. What is your best childhood memory? Realizing I was out of childhood. Technically, that would not make it a childhood memory, though.

28. Are you a cat or dog person? Cat

29. Are you married? Heh.

30. Always wear your seat belt? Have you seen me drive? Of course I do.

31. Been in a car accident? Yes.

32. Any pet peeves? Read my blog, and you'll find about a million of them.

33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Those that you can eat without the pizza.

34. Favorite Flower? The flowers I don't have to buy for the girlfriend.

35. Favorite ice cream? chocolate chip

36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Steak 'n Shake

37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Zero, but I'm guessing that was a "false pass".

38. From whom did you get your last email? Andrew Mercer

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? What credit card?

40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Climbed a very tall staircase at 12,000+ ft above sea level. I paid the altitude sickness price for it.

41. Like your job? It's the only reason I'm in Norman.

42. Broccoli? And cheese.

43. What was your favorite vacation? Wow, that's a hard question. I have loved every vacation I've had. I have very fond memories of my 2006 Canada vacation, though.

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Somer and Amber. I guess only one of them is a person.

45. What are you listening to right now? My air conditioner.

46. What is your favorite color? Blue

47. How many tattoos do you have? Nada. Should this be changed?

48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? Zilch. And everyone thanks me for it.

49. What time is it: 6:02 pm CDT

50. Coffee Drinker? On rare, high-stress occasions. Tea is preferred.